Sunday, May 10, 2009

Last dance practice/Mother's Day

On Saturday we went to the last rehearsal before the dance recital.  Xing Xing will be able to participate in the recital!  Her lao shi (teacher) said for us to let her be on stage by herself and if she runs around or lays down to just let her.  The girls are really cute in their outfits.  They wear their pink leotards/tights and have the costume over their leotards.  They get to wear high pigtails so their bows show.  We got a chance to see the older girls perform and they are really good.  This rehearsal was 1 1/2 hours long!  Xing Xing had to take a break a couple of times.  After the practice we went to Red Lobster to celebrate Mother's Day.  We had a delicious shrimp and lobster linguine.  On Mother's Day, Coral gave me a bag that April made for me, a necklace and earrings that say Mother/Daughter in chinese and a Hello Kitty card.I got a coral rose as well.  She's also getting me a Brita water filter but the Target we went to didn't have the pink one.  I want the pink one b/c my kitchen's pink.  She gave my mom a necklace/earrings that says lao lao in chinese and she gave Nai Nai a web cam for her computer.  I'm attaching pictures of all the gifts.

Well, apparently Coral Rose Xing is a popular name.  I've had numerous people tell me not to change it b/c it's so pretty.  We'll decide by the time readoption rolls around.  I love the meaning of Coral Xing Libi, but didn't realize so many people just love Coral Rose Xing!  

Next week is the big recital.  The recital starts at 2:30 (we have to be there at 1:o0) and that's usually when she naps so we'll so how things go.  We'll post pictures and video.  

1 comment: